Saturday, November 9, 2013

Reality : The Life of Arie #1 by Dani Hart : My Review


Book: Reality: The Life of Arie series (# 1)
Author: Dani Hart
Genre:  YA (mature 15+) Urban Fantasy Romance













Synopsis:

I am Arie Belle and up until my mother’s unexpected and mysterious death my life had been pretty simple, but then things became dark and, at times, hopeless.  Even my uncanny ability to communicate with nature had turned its back on me.  My only saving grace is my lifetime friendship with the boy next door, River, whom I had always thought of as my soul mate up until my eighteenth birthday when everything seemed to change.  My body tingles with heightened sensations and my emotions veer out of control.  They are further tested when Ashe, a beautiful stranger with a powerful draw, enters my life and challenges my heart and soul.  Amidst the rush of feelings after years of numbness, my true destiny slowly unravels and my journey to find out what I am, to find my mother’s killer, and stop my own death becomes a frantic rush before the next full moon. 

This powerful story encaptures the true meaning of love and the dark corners of life that can either suck you in or save you.

You can listen to the Book's Official Playlist,while continue reading..

My Review:
This book is one of the best fantasy books out there..

Dani Hart has created an amazing world that consists of various realities where heartbreaking decisions define the soul and the lives of everyone. Where love is clouded by heartache and immense sadness.Where hope can so easily fade away and emptiness can take its place.

The Life of Arie is going to be an epic fantasy series that will rival some major fantasy players….

Let’s enter this amazing world I told you about..

>>Arie is of course our main heroine, who has the worst luck in the history of time. No I don’t exaggerate at all..Some horrible things will be happening to her throughout the book, even when you at least expect it. But she has a unique light that draws everyone, animals-nature-people, good and bad, boys and girls, characters and readers. The more you read about her the more you want to find out more. The more bad things happen to her the more you want to see her reaction.

About that..Sometimes, her reaction was real. Like she cannot believe what is happening or why or how. Actually, that happens a lot! But there are some events that don’t trigger that reaction and I don’t fully understand why. I don’t want her to freak out all the time, but she accepts many truths in a way that made me think “Wait..Hold on a sec..How are so sure that’s right?..Let’s think about it some more..”. Perhaps, she is a true believer or her mum has taught her or it’s just her instinct…Like I said, I’m not sure how I feel about that.

Anyway

One of the things I love about fantasy (the genre) is that there are so many characters who are all involved with the story and play a vital role in it. Reality (the book)  is no different.
You meet so many characters in both realities, who are equally significant. River, Star and River’s parents are her beginning in a way. They protect her and guide her so that she can reach her destination. Ashe, Tivon, Sage and Amary are her past and future. They will assist her and guide her so that she can continue with her journey and ultimately fulfill her destiny that sometimes feels like a curse (Who would blame her?)

The book’s core is Arie without a doubt. But it’s really remarkable the way Dani blends the characters together and provides us with a version of the world so beautiful and intriguing.

Another thing I loved about the book is the emotional scale. We started in one reality with a sad Arie, who struggles with her grief. As the story proceeds, Arie faces decisions and challenges that will ultimately shape her soul. It’s a true turmoil. We end in another reality with Arie still grieving (for other reasons, mostly) but holding on to hope, to a flare of hope that a beautiful butterfly gave her. To be honest, I’m not sure how she would survive everything otherwise.

A Tornado of Emotions. Conflicted Yet DeterminedCharacters. Heartbreaking Decisions That Will Mark You, as they did Arie.

For the fantasy junkies, this book is a Must Read..A Fantasy Classic

For the rest of the readers, this book is worth reading..A Reality Escape we all need

Author Bio:
My passion for writing started at a very young age.  It started with a multitude of diaries as soon as I could, then poetry, then short stories.  I received my BA at USC in Theatre with an unofficial minor in writing.  While at USC I wrote my first screenplay and post-graduation I was hired to write another screenplay, which I did successfully.   Life got busy again and my passion was pushed aside, but then I met an amazing person who loved my story and encouraged me to start writing again. With that said, I am in a happier place now.  I am fulfilling my inner desire and passion to write.  I just self-published book one in The Life of Aries series and am currently working on book two.  I am also working on an adult dark romance.

Social Media Links:
     Facebook Author Page  |  Twitter  |   Website 

Buy Links:
 Amazon  |  Barnes & Nobles  |  Smashwords  |  Kobo



Book Enthusiast Promotions
Mia's Point Of View

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frequently Auto-Approved by Publishers
Mia's Point Of View

Mia's Point Of View

Official Fifty

NetGalley


Mia's Point Of View

InkSlingerPR

Enticing Journey Book Promotions

AToMR Tours

Book Enthusiast Promotions




romcon badge



Follow on Bloglovin

Mia's Point Of View


Grab Me
Mia's Point Of View